The real estate market in strong right now and there are several ways to increase the value of your home. From the big kitchen and bathroom renovations, to smaller things you can do on a day-to-day basis, keep this infographic and short list handy.
- Add Finished Square Footage – Finish off the basement or add a room over the garage. Adding finished off square footage should always increase the value of your home.
- Fresh Paint – Fresh paint should never be under estimated because it can go a long way! For $25-40 you can easily transform a room.
- Stay on Top of Regular Maintenance – If daily maintenance gets deferred for too long, like a leaky toilet or broken appliances, the value of your home drops. Stay on top of those issues as they come up. Before doing any cosmetic upgrades, tackle the “honey-do” list first and it may save you thousands of dollars in the long run!
- Upgrade Flooring – From radiant flooring to laminate, there are all types of options for every budget and you can still have a big impact on the value of your home. The Old House says, “For an estimated average investment of $600 to $900, brokers report that the return in value comes in at up to $2,000.”
- Lawn Care & Curb Appeal – Prune the bushes, water the flowers, cut dead tree limbs… make sure the exterior of the house looks inviting. You can never get a second chance to make a first impression.
If you have any questions about buying or selling real estate in Vermont, contact Mike Conroy at 802-363-3356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conroy & Company is a Keller Williams Vermont team of Realtors located in South Burlington, Vermont. Our mission is to serve our clients with the highest level of personal commitment to helping them reach their goals. Our focus is to bring the latest technology and marketing skills to our clients, and do so in the most personal, hands on way possible. Our collaborative, strength in numbers approach to exceeding your expectations, has helped keep us in the top 2% of Vermont agents/teams ever since 2003.