Chittenden County, Public Schools, K – 12
Serving Communities of:
- Burlington VT School District, Burlington
- Chittenden East Supervisory Union Bolton, Huntington, Jericho, Richmond Underhill.
- Chittenden Central Supervisory Union Essex Junction and Westford
- Chittenden South Supervisory Union Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne, Williston and St. George
- Colchester School District Colchester
- Essex Town School District Essex
- Milton Town School District Milton
- South Burlington School District South Burlington
- Winooski School District Winooski
Chittenden East Supervisory Union Serving Bolton, Huntington, Jericho, Richmond and Underhill.
The Chittenden East Supervisory Union (CESU) serves the towns of Bolton, VT Huntington, VT, Jericho,VT, Richmond, VT and Underhill, VT. The CESU enrolls approximately 2,900 students, covers roughly 200 square miles and supports eight school districts.The CESU has always embraced and honored the unique and special traits of its member towns. This cooperation and respect has resulted in CESU schools being consistently ranked near or at the top of the state’s academic measures.
- Brewster Pierce Memorial Elementary School Huntington, VT
- Browns River Middle School Jericho, VT
- Camels Hump Middle School Richmond, VT
- Jericho Elementary School Jericho, VT
- Mount Mansfield Union High School Jerihco, VT
- Smile Elementary School Richmond, VT
- Underhill Central Elementary School Underhill, VT
- Underhill ID Elementary School Underhill, VT
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union Serving Essex Town, Essex Junction and Westford
Essex, Essex Jct and Westford are popular and well developed suberbs of the Burlington, Vermont area.
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union, a student-centered learning community, will maximize available resources through unified, collaborative leadership to be consistently recognized as exemplary, as measured by continuous improvement in the areas of achievement, safe and respectful learning environments, and the promotion of equity for all.
School Web Links
- Essex High School, Essex, VT
- The Center for Technology Essex, VT
- Westford Elementary School Westford, VT
- Albert Lawton Intermediate School Essex, VT
- Thomas Flemming School, Essex Jct, VT
- Summit Street School, Essex Jct, VT
- Hiawatha Elementary School, Essex Jct, VT
Chittenden South Supervisory Union Serving Charlotte, VT, Hinesburg, VT, Shelburne,VT, Williston, VT, and St. George, VT.
The CSSU Mission is to develop Vermont citizens who learn actively and collaboratively, think creatively and critically, live responsibly and respectfully, contribute positively to the Vermont community and pursue excellence in their individual interests.
School Web Links
- Champlain Valley Union High School– Hinesburg, VT
- Charlotte Central School– Prek-8th Charlotte, VT
- Hinesburg Community School, PreK-8th Hinesburg, VT.
- Shelburne Community School, Prek-8th, Shelburne, VT
The Williston School District is comprised of two schools, Allen Brook School (EEE/PK – grade 2) and Williston Central School (grades 3-8).
Colchester School District Colchester, VT
The Colchester School District provides public education to approximately 2,200 Vermont students. They accept tuition students from the Islands and other Vermont districts. At Colchester High School, students have the opportunity to participate in School Choice.
School Web Links
Winooski School District Winooski, VT
Encompassing a little more than one mile square, Winooski is the smallest geographic school district in Vermont, and for many reasons, is a very special place for learning. Housed within a single building complex, grades PreK through 12, the small size of the Winooski schools helps to create a positive and caring environment where every student’s success is important. We offer our students a full range of academic studies and extracurricular activities and hold high standards for excellence in instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
School Web Links
Located between the shores of Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains, South Burlington Vermont is home to 18,000 residents and supports a vibrant hospitality, retail, medical and corporate business community with regional and national reach. The district is known for the top notch education it provides for South Burlington Vermont Students. South Burlington, Vermont offers 3 elementary schools, 1 middle school and 1 high school, in addition to private 2 schools.
- Chamberlin School Elementary
- Frederick H. Tuttle Middle School
- Rick Marcotte Central Elementary School
- South Burlington High School
- The Big Picture School
- Orchard Elementary
- Rice Memorial Private School
Burlington, VT, the largest city in Vermont offers 6 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 1 high school. All striving to prepare students to succeed in higher education, careers and citizenship by providing challenging core academic instruction, enriched arts, math, sciences and wellness experiences, and our 21st century skill development opportunities. Click here to read more.
Burlington VT School District, Burlington
Individual School Web Links
- Champlain Elementary School
- Edmond’s Elementary School
- Integrated Arts Academy
- JJ Flynn Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- Sustainability Academy
- Edmond’s Middle School
- Hunt Middle School
- Burlington High School