We love Burlington Vermont and Lake Champlain is a big reason why! We also love to encourage young boaters. If you feel the same be at the Burlington Boat House on October 12th to cheer on these awesome local student racing their hand-built Longboats! The Lake Champlain Maritime Museum offers incredible hands-on, innovative programming for youth; and this one is especially cool! MORE INFO
Hello Conroy Friends! We are pleased to let you know that our very own Buyer’s Specialist Margo Trotier has a very talented family member! Margo’s nephew Sam Johnsonappeared on America’s Got Talent this week! Check out the VIDEO!
If you are among the loyal Buyers working with Margo make sure to ask if she shares in the family’s Circus Skills!
- Local Motion: A greater Burlington, Vermont non-profit promoting bicycling, walking, running, in-line skating and the facilities that make such travel safe and easy.
- Find Bike Trails: Powered by Local Motion, trail finder will make sure you have a great day touring the city on your bike.
- Burlington Bike Path
- Northern Light Rock and Ice: Harness the human desire to climb and go to places just beyond your comfort zone, to explore, to take risks, to push the boundaries of what you thought was possible as a means of growth in confidence, achievement, teamwork, trust, leadership ability, communication, self-efficacy and self discovery.
- Petra Cliffs: Indoor rock gym, perfect for groups.
- CRAG VT: CRAG-VT a not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving access and conservation of Vermonts climbing resources.
Hiking:Because Burlington is located so close to the Green Mountains, many residents enjoy to go on hikes during both summer and winter. Here are a few resources you can check out to learn more about the trails and how you access them. Remember, never hike alone and always be prepared with the essentials, food, water and head lamp. Always tell somewhere where you plan to hike and when you plan to return. A safe hiker is a happy hiker. Happy trails!
Parks and Recreation:
- North Beach
- Leddy Beach
- Oak Ledge
- Burlington Dog Parks
- Burlington Fishing Pier
- Burlington Memorial Auditorium
- Recreation Programs: Programing for all ages
- Burlington Parks Amenities and Facilities
- Burlington Waterfront Skate Park
- Paquette Arena at Leddy Park: Offering ice skating lessons, open ice time, youth hockey programs and so much more.
- Doug Cairns Arena
Sailing: Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center: Their mission is to encourage and celebrate the responsible use and long term stewardship of Lake Champlain by fostering educational and recreational opportunities for all members of our community. Lake Champlain Yaht Club: The LCYC is a member run club in Shelburne, VT. They offer moorings, activities and community events for members, most whom own a sailboat or powerboat. The objective of the club is to promote and encourage boating and sailing on Lake Champlain, while emphasizing racing, cruising and education, with our financial gain
Sports: College and Semi Professional
For all you sports fans, Burlington, VT has no shortage of organized competitive sports. Ranging from the University of Vermont that offers NCAA Division 1 to a semi pro baseball team. The University of Vermont hockey teams are members of the Hockey East organization and the games are always thrilling to watch. Burlington, Vermont is also home
- The Vermont Lake Monsters
- UVM Athletics home page website
- UVM Men’s Basketball
- UVM Men’s Hockey
- UVM Women’s Hockey
- UVM Skiing
- UVM Women’s Soccer
- UVM Mens Soccer
Ski Resorts: Burlington, VT is fortunate to have so many fun things to do all year round. During winter Chittenden County Residents have a wide selection of ski areas they can visit, all are about an hour drive from the Burlington area.
The Famous Single Chair Weather Blog- If your the type of skier or rider that is constantly looking at NOAA or weather.com to stay in the loop on when it will snow, then you need to read the single chair blog. It is remarkably accurate and is a trusted source for many Vermonters.
Ski Resort Finder: A interactive list, where you can input size, cost and location to find the resort that best fits your needs.
SKI Vermont: A non profi organization that’s sole purpose is to promote skiing and rider in Vermont.
Ski Resorts around Burlington
- Jay Peak– Jay, VT
- Snow report
Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: Stowe, Vermont- The VTSSM’s entire collection is divided into seven areas: ski equipment, ski clothing, mechanical equipment, Vermont Ski Area/Ski Vermont items, 10th Mountain Division, fine art, and related Library and Archival materials. Most of the material dates from the late nineteenth century to the present.
- Ski Rack, Burlington VT- A great selection of winter apparel, skis and snowboards.
- Alpine Shop, Burlington VT A Burlington favorite for a great ski or snowboard tune. The Alpine Shop offers excellent season lease equipment as well day rentalsOutdoor Gear Exchange, Burlington VT- Not your typically outdoor gear store. They buy in bulk from vendors and pass the savings along to you. A must visit shop when in Burlington.