Morrisville lives up to its tagline and truly is the “Heart of the Triangle”. Due to its central location, proximity to RDU International Airport and I-40 and I-540, Morrisville is an ideal location for people looking to commute to the Research Triangle Park, downtown Durham or Raleigh.
Things to Do in Morrisville
The town is home to many festivals family-friendly activities and attractions.
Want shopping? Park West Village is a new 100-acre, 750,000 square foot mixed-use development that includes a town center district, a community center with sought-after major retail anchors, upscale casual restaurants, and a movie theater, all of which will be mixed with residential, office and hospitality.
Up for the challenge? Take your getaway to new heights at Triangle Rock
Club, featuring multiple types of indoor climbing including bouldering. This massive gym, with a 55-foot climb, a lead-climbing cave, bouldering and much more is the biggest and tallest gym in five states, and one of the largest in the Southeast.
Looking for nature? Gaze upon N.C. wildlife at Crabtree Creek Nature Park, a 34-acre wooded and wetland park site with walking trails and a nature center.
Up for sports? Discover recreational opportunities at the 37-acre Cedar Fork District Park, with fields for playing soccer, football, throwing a frisbee and more. Catch a game from the only cricket league in the area at Shiloh Park.
Foodies will love to taste dishes and experience cultures from around the globe, all in one place, at the East Meets West Festival in Sept.
- Morrisville was named for Jeremiah Morris who donated three acres of land to the North Carolina Railroad in 1852 for a water station, woodshed, and other buildings in support of the railroad. The deed transaction is believed to be on November 30, 1852, which references Crabtree Creek.
- Jeremiah Morris established the first post office in March of 1852 and became the first postmaster of Morrisville.
- On April 13, 1865, one of the last battles of the civil war took place in Morrisville.
- By the early 1870s, the Morrisville area supported at least six general stores, Baptist and Christian churches, a hotel, a steam sawmill, a cabinetmaker, a lawyer, and four physicians.
- Morrisville’s original charter was ratified on March 3, 1875.
- Morrisville was re-chartered on April 3, 1947.
- Morrisville’s population in 1990 was 1,022.
- Morrisville’s population in 2015 was 24,699 as determined by a Special Census.
For Additional Information on the Town of Morrisville, NC
About Log Pond Realty
Home is where your story begins. A home is where hopes and dreams are born, memories are made, and lives are lived. We would love the opportunity to assist you with assisting you to write your new story.
We can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at 919.589.3576.
We service the Triangle region of North Carolina including Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Morrisville, Fuquay-Varina, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest and Garner.