You are having out-of-town guests for a few days and you want to give them a feel for living in the Fountain Hills area. What can you do with them?
There is no reason to be stumped on this one. Fountain Hills and the surrounding area is full of things to do that will appeal to all ages, activity levels, and interests. Here’s our roundup of the best things to do so your guests have a great time and discover why you love living here.
- Visit the fountain. A no-brainer for photo opportunities and a leisurely walk.
- Golf. Choose from public courses in Fountain Hills, the Verdes, and Fort McDowell.
- Hike. Try the Desert Botanical Trail, Lake Overlook Trail, Dixie Mine, or Adero Canyon.
- Mountain biking. Rent a mountain and take a ride in McDowell Mountain Park.
- Horseback riding. Offered through Fort McDowell Adventures or Saguaro Lake Ranch Stables.
- Disc golf. Get gear from Fountain Hills Express or Paul’s Ace Hardware and head to Fountain Park.
- Saguaro Lake. Rent a boat or tour with Desert Belle Cruises.
- Attend a Star Party. ADERO Scottsdale offers these outside their amazing new restaurant, Cielo.
- River of Time Museum. Although closed at this time, keep this one on your list for discovering local history.
- Visit an art gallery. Choose from numerous art galleries that serve our local artists.
- Art Walk Tour. Take a free docent-led tour of more than 150 pieces of public art.
- Get a drink. Try out local watering holes at Grapeables, Aguamenti, or Bone Haus Brewing.
- Enjoy fountain and mountain view dining. Visit a downtown restaurant or a local golf club.
- Chocofin Chocolatier. Indulge in fine chocolates and delicious ice cream.
- Sami Fine Jewelry. Discover custom amethyst designs from the Four Peaks mine.
- Fort McDowell Casino. Play, eat, and stay the night at the newly expanded We-Ko-Pa.
- Take a Jeep tour. See the desert Desert Dog Offroad Adventures or Arizona Private Jeep Excursions.
- Take the kids to the park. We have four parks with great playgrounds.
- Fountain Hills Theater. Delight guests of all ages at our award-winning theater.
- Attend a car show. Every Sunday at Phil’s Filling Station.
- Events on the Avenue. You’ll find a farmer’s market, Art on the Avenue, and other seasonal events.
With so many great activities to choose from, your guests will discover right away why you love Fountain Hills.